Nutrisafe2 for neonates & newborns
Nutrisafe2 is a unique, safe enteral feeding system that is incompatible with Luer and other small-bore connectors described within ISO 80369.
Compliant with ISO 80369-1, Nutrisafe2 mitigates the risk of misconnection (IV, respiratory, neuraxial…) increasing patient safety.
Nutrisafe2 is a lockable system providing additional security to avoid any accidental disconnections, ensuring all nutrients are delivered to the patient.
Specially designed for preterm infants, Nutrisafe2’s compact design minimises the size, weight and dead space of the connection.
Thanks to its small size, Nutrisafe2 reduces dead space by 70% when compared to ENFit™/ISO 80369-3.
Nutrisafe2 is lightweight making it ideal for neonatal patients and reducing the risks of tube dislodgement or kinking.
Thanks to its compact design, Nutrisafe2 maximises dose accuracy, essential for the delivery of small volume drugs, such as morphine, digoxin, caffeine, methadone…
Nutrisafe2 reduces the overdosing risk by a factor of 4 when compared to ENFit™ or Low Dose Tip (LDT) connections.
Created in 2005, the patented Nutrisafe2 connection was the first enteral feeding system completely incompatible with Luer devices and specifically designed for premature babies.
With more than 10 years of experience in the neonatal safe enteral feeding field, Vygon takes on board customer feedback to continually improve its Nutrisafe2 range for neonatal use :
- 64,100,000 products sold in 2016
- Customers from more than 30 countries
- No reported misconnection
The French Society of Neonatology (SFN) warns French Neonatologists about the low dose inaccuracy risk of ENFit™ syringes and recommends the use of a dedicated safety enteral system for neonates.
In their newsletter, SFN recommends the following features for a neonatal safety enteral feeding system :
- Incompatible with Luer and other small-bore connectors used in other applications (e.g. I.V)
- Allowing components to connect without leakage or cracking
- Having an internal dead space less than 0.1ml
- Generating a volume displacement during connection less than 0.05ml
Size adapted to preterm infants
- Incorporating the smallest possible connectors
- Incorporating the lowest possible weight connectors